Membership in RSVP and subscription to the Victorian Periodicals Review are one and the same. RSVP is committed to remaining an affordable and friendly alternative to expensive scholarly journals and societies. For that reason, we have arranged with the publisher to keep the individual subscription price for VPR appealingly low, making it one of the best bargains around. We very much hope that you will consider joining us! Single issues may be purchased without full membership.
- Individual: USD $35.00.
- Institution: USD $78.00.
- Single issue price Individual: USD $11
- Single issue price Institution: USD $23
Orders from Canada and Mexico please add USD $7.60. For all other orders outside North America, please add USD $14.50.
The Johns Hopkins University Press
P.O. Box 19966
Baltimore, MD 21211-0966 USA
Phone: 1-800-548-1784 or International +1 410 516 6987
Email: jrnlcirc @ press.jhu.edu
RSVP members contribute to scholarship in several ways, including:
Various digital resources such as:
- Dickens Journals Online
- Gale Cengage’s Illustrated London News
- Nineteenth-Century Serials Edition (ncse)
- Gale Cengage’s 19th Century UK Periodicals
- British Library’s British Newspapers, 1800-1900
…and items in:
- Dictionary of Nineteenth-Century Journalism;
- British Literary Magazines;
- the Union List of Serials in Libraries of the United States and Canada;
- the Journal of Pre-Raphaelite Studies;
- Victorian Periodicals: A Guide to Research. Vol. 1 (1978) & Vol. 2 (1989);
- The Nineteenth-Century Press in Britain: A Bibliography of Modern Studies, 1901-1971;
- The Nineteenth-Century Periodical Press in Britain: A Bibliography of Modern Studies, 1972-1987;
- three supplements to Victorian Periodicals Review: Women and British Periodicals 1832-1867;
- many literary encyclopedia entries on Victorian publishers; and
- entries on publishers and editors for the New Dictionary of National Biography;