Join the RSVP Digital Salon committee for a holiday-themed (virtual) social gathering this Thursday, December 17 at 1 p.m. EST / 6 p.m. UK. We’ll share a sneak peak at some upcoming virtual events we have planned for 2021, including:
- A Discussion on Decolonising Periodical Studies (JAN. 2021): A practice-based session with experts at the intersection of critical race studies/transimperialism and periodical studies. We hope to use this discussion gauge interest in starting up a monthly reading group on this very important topic.
- Maximizing Your Online Periodical Research (FEB. 2021): A roundtable on how to make the most of your virtual resources. Geared toward graduate students, but all are welcome!
- Teaching Periodical Studies Online (MAR. 2021): Come for and with your ideas on how to teach periodicals effectively online during this time when many must adapt their syllabi to distance learning.
- Archival Research at a Distance (APR. 2021): How does one conduct archival work from home? Join us to learn about the innovative ways scholars and archivists have adapted their work when archival access is limited.
- Doing Research as an Independent Scholar (MAY 2021): RSVP has always been a place where scholars of all kinds can share their work. Our panel of independent scholars will share their tips and tricks for researching with limited access to databases, applying for grants, maintaining your scholarship from outside the university setting, and much more!
Bring your own holiday beverage of choice, your favorite mince pie/cookie recipe, and let’s share a cup of cheer this holiday season.
Register in advance for this event here:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing a link and information about how to join the Zoom meeting. We hope to see you there!